Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Weight Loss Update

Current photo - down 51 lbs

Where I was last March
Last night at my meeting, it became official. I hit my 50 lb mark. That is I have lost 51 lbs since April 29th when I started Weight Watchers.  Yeah!

It is kind of ironic to me that I hit it now, as I have gone into the diet funk!  All of a sudden, it has become harder.  I am having a more difficult time eating right, not snacking, and tracking.  Especially the tracking.


I hate Tracking what I eat.  And when I say Hate, I mean it is the last thing I want to do, and what has always been my problem with Weight Watchers before.  For the past 6 months, it has been what has worked for me.  So while I hate it, it works and has helped me to lose this weight.  And it will be what works to help me lose more.  This 50 lbs, while a lot, is just the start.  I still have a lot to go, and I am determined to keep at it.



I have now met a few mile stones on my weight loss journey:  I lost 5% of my beginning body weight, 10% of my body weight, I now weight less then my husband (silly, but important to me), I have controlled my blood sugar to the point that my Doctor took me off of one of my drugs, my knees feel better and overall I feel better. 

I also noticed today on my walk that I am walking faster.  I returned to walk at a park that I have not walked at since Spring, and I walked further in less time. It is a more demanding walk then my usual (more hills), so when I had completed a longer distance then I was doing there last Spring, and looked at my time, I was surprised to find that I had walked less then the time I use to put in there. This is a good thing, as I am preparing for a 2 week trip to Disney World next May.  In our history, Glenn has always out walked me and made me exhausted by the end of each day.  A few weeks ago we went to the zoo as a family, and I out walked Glenn.  So there has been great improvement in my health.

My next goal is that I lose 20 more lbs by our trip.  I should be able to do it (if not exceed it) as that is 29 weeks away, so less then a pound a week.  I know I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment