Monday, August 19, 2013

I Reached Another Goal!

So today I reached my most fun weight loss goal: I now weigh less then my husband!  I know this would seem silly to some, but to me it has been depressing to weigh more then my husband.  I know, we are both around the same height, and he doesn't have breasts like I do, so realistically you would think that I should weigh more.  But he is a guy, and traditionally he should weigh more.  Also, when we married, he did weigh more.

I was surprised at my WW meeting today when I lost over 6 lbs this past week.  Not really sure what I did to have such a big weight loss, but I will take it.  So now over the past 16 weeks (hard to believe I have been on this journey for 16 weeks) I have lost 34.6 lbs.  So that is an average of 2.16 lbs a week.  I am very happy with that. 

So my next goal?  I should reach it in the next few weeks.  It will be 10% of my starting body weight.  So that will be at 37 lbs down, just 2.4 lbs away.  So yes, if you just did the math, I was 370 lbs when I started.  Actually, it was a little more, and I lost over 5 lbs before starting WW, but for tracking purposes, we are comparing to my starting date.

So after my 10%, my next personal goal is to be down to 300 lbs by our trip next May.  That will only be 34 lbs in the next 9 months, so I really hope to be an over achiever, and be down much more then that.  But to reach this goal, it would be around 4 lbs a month.  Totally doable.  I also need to add in exercise. I keep telling myself that when Emma starts back up to pre-school, I will start walking during class time (when I am not teaching).  That worked well this past spring, however I did have someone to walk with then who also had a child in the same class.  That is not the case this time.  I really need to find a walking buddy come next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment