Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sharen's Life

Last night, Glenn and I stayed up really late gathering information to send to Gordon Smart to prepare the Eulogy.  It actually ended up being really fun, and we were able to share some wonderful memories of this great lady.  I thought I would share some of the things we found here.

It started with finding Sharen's Baby Book.  Here is what we found there:


Born Saturday, October 11, 1941 at 2:40 am in Baker, Oregon

Weighed 8 pounds, Height 21 inches


First words: 11 months “Doggie”, 1 yr “Daddy”, 14 months “Baby” and “Button”

Began Kindergarten in Le Grand, OR in Sept. 1946

1st & 2nd Grade at Condon Grade School in Eugene Oregon

Next we found some yearbooks to get her education information:

Graduated Roseburg Senior High School in 1959

Played Piano and Tympani in the Band
Attended Oregon State University in Corvallis Oregon where she received her Bachelors’ in Education
Joined Alpha Delta Pi in 1961
Lived in the Sorority House
She graduated OSU June 7, 1964.  That she took time off when she changed her major from Pharmacy to Education (after 2 years of school) and worked at the county library as the Children’s Librarian.  Glenn said she also worked in the Library while in High School as well.

We next started reading some of her journals.  I came across these limericks that Sharen wrote on her boys. They are too fun not to share, and show just how Sharen felt about her boys!
 

Glenn:

I know a fellow named Glenn

He’s the smartest, the nicest of men

He’s really quite cute

With curly hair to boot!!

In my book he’s definitely a 10!!! 



Now in chorus that Glenn was the top

To hear him sing just made my heart pop

            His tones were so mellow

            I’d sigh…”What a fellow”

It’s a shame he decided to stop



Now at home a super helper Glenn’s been

With him in my corner I’ll win

            He does things right

            He makes my life bright

I’m so glad to be living with him



Jeff:

Now Jeffery’s someone you should meet

He’s so nice, so handsome – quite neat.

            In his manner and  dress

            He’s the tops, I confess!!

He’s so super, he just can’t be beat!!



Now in Music that Jeffery does excel

His Trombone casts a most lovely spell

            With base notes so true

            His tone thrills me through

To hear him truly makes my heart swell



Have you heard Jeffery sing?  He is super!

His solos he has sung without a blooper

            He is as clear as a bell

            With tone deeper than a well

That Jeff has a voice that’s really super duper!

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful legacy Sharen has left,
    Her limericks were really quite deft,
    Her two handsome boys,
    Were better than toys,
    Her memories won't leave them bereft.

    ReplyDelete