Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Final Service & Taking Time Out

 Today was not easy for me, but was still filled with much joy.  Tomorrow we will bury my sweet Mother-in-law.  As her Daughter-in-law, not only have I played point on the funeral, but I also got to play point for her dressing committee.  This is something I have never done, and had never thought about needing to do. I have to admit to some apprehension about this, but all went well.
 We actually started the day out with some joy.  Aunt Lori flew into PDX this morning, and we met her and Aunt Becky.  They were both going with me to meet two other sisters to dress Sharen.  We had a few hours after Lori landed, so Glenn and Emma came with me so we could go out to lunch.  It was lovely to visit with them.  As we still had time after lunch, we found a park to let Emma play in.
 After we had finished dressing Sharen, something that I am grateful that I experienced, we needed to find some place for Emma to have a good time.  And Glenn needed some peace.  I suggested the Rose Garden, and Glenn liked the idea.  Once we got there, Emma was in love.  There were beautiful flowers all around, and while she could not pick them, she could pick up the petals off the ground.  She collected them in her hat.
 We found a nice spot in the middle of the garden.  Emma entertained me with her "flower show" while Glenn added to his Journal his thoughts on the past several days. I have been amazed at how strong he has been, and how much joy we have been able to share about his mothers life. It has been a special time even if it has been emotionally exhausting.







No comments:

Post a Comment