Monday, June 17, 2013

5% is GONE

It is official, 5% of me is gone. 5% of my body fat is gone.  Since starting Weight Watchers, I have lost 18.4 pounds. And I did it in 8 weeks.  I am following program, and it is working.  I am seeing progress, and I like it.  

Other good news on the weight loss tract:  I am down a size in clothes!  Yeah.  I decided to go shopping in my closet one morning.  I pulled out a skirt that had been too tight on me.  When I put it on, it was perfect.  Not even tight when I sat down.

I am so proud of myself.  

So, my next official Weight Watchers Goal is 10% of my body weight from my starting weight.  That will be down 37 pounds. And a longer term goal, I want to be down 70 pounds from my starting weight by Mother's Day 2014.  We plan to visit Disney World at that time, and it would put me back at my wedding weight. I think it is doable.  I am trying not to have too big of goals, but be realistic.  And if I miss the goal by 10-20 pounds, I am really not going to complain.  That will still mean that I am down 50-60 pounds from my starting weight.

My side goal (has nothing to do with Weight Watchers) is that I want to weigh less then my Glenn.  We are withing 5-10 pounds of each other, and I want to be less then him.  I was when we got married, but I have gained more then him.  

So now, the challenge!  Men lose weight faster then women. It is just a fact.  They have to do less to lose more.  Glenn is sort of dieting.  He is following the plan for dinner, and breakfast.  He is not tracking his food, but he has cut out all the bad snacking he was doing.  He is trying more vegetables and fruit then he likes to eat (which is none!).  So these little changes he has done are producing a difference.  He is currently not losing as much as me, but he is losing.  I really am proud of him for that, because my man loves his snack.

So we will continue our journey to better, healthier us.

No comments:

Post a Comment