Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Potty Training Revisited

 So last time I blogged about potty training, I thought we were on our way to being trained.  I was wrong.  We had a couple days where she decided she wanted to go, and then she refused again.

Looking forward, I knew that time was limited to dedicate a whole week to potty training.  In just a few weeks, Emma starts attending pre-school two mornings a week.  And then in October we are gone for two and a half weeks on vacation.  I decided that we needed to dedicate ourselves to this project once more.

I have become an avid Pinterest pinner.  I have been pinning everything I can find on potty training that I could find, and reading it for ideas to use with Emma.  I had used treats for going potty before with lots of party action with successes, but it was not taking.  I found one that made me realize that part of our problem was that Emma does not pee often enough for a day of potty training to be successful, so I needed to get more fluids in her. My daughter is a camel, and is dry when she wakes up in the morning, and doesn't go for an hour more. Then she only goes once or twice more that day.  I needed to increase this.

In this blog, it suggested lots of sweet and salty treats eating all day to increase fluid intake.  So here is Emma with her treat plate (my vege tray!).  After breakfast, we brought out the goodies to snack on.  She mostly ate the pretzels, gold fish and chocolate teddy grams all day.  And I also purchased a box of Capri suns.  By lunch time she had downed 4 capri suns, and gone potty twice.  We did not have a single accident that day.  Each time she went, we had special treats.  You can see the sucker she picked the first time in these photos. She loved that it turned her tongue green.
 I am now happy to report that Emma is wet trained.  We are still working on number 2, but I am hopeful that it will come with time.  It is a week and a half later, and we have only had two accidents without number 2, the last one over a week ago.  It has been a long time coming, but she finally is excited to use the potty and show herself to be a big girl.  Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment