Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Delima's


I have a love-hate relationship with Sundays! I love Sunday, as I love Church and spending it with my sweet family. I hate Sundays as it can be really busy and exhausting. Well, today was a really great one!

This morning, my sweet husband let me sleep in, or at least tried to let me. He was out in the Family Room and heard Emma awake. Without realizing that I was awake, he went in to get her up, and let me sleep. I have to admit that one of my favorite things is to listen to Glenn and Emma interact through the monitor when they don't realize that I am listening. I love how much Glenn loves Emma, and seeing how comfortable he is caring for her.

We have the 1-4 pm block of church this year, and it is not easy with a toddler who naps 12:30 - 2:30 most days. Today was the first day this year I was able to get Emma to take a nap before Church! Great...or so I thought. It ends up that waking a baby after a 30 minute nap to take her to sacrament meeting does not make for a happy baby during Sacrament meeting. After the Sacrament had been passed, when Emma started acting up, Glenn took her out to let her pace the halls and let me enjoy the talks. Nursery went great for miss Emma, and I am so happy she now loves to be there (it was touch and go for several months!).

After Church, we put Emma down for her nap, and went to lay down and read. At 6 pm I decided we had to wake Emma up so that we were not up too long. We had a good play on our bed before I went to make dinner. It is now after dinner, and past Emma's bedtime, but I am listening to Emma play. With such a late nap, she is not ready to sleep, but at the same time she is tired. So, this becomes the hate time of Sundays! Our schedule is so thrown off that it is sometimes hard to adjust. All is good right now, and I hope it will continue to be for the rest of the night.

1 comment:

  1. So now it is 8:24, and we just put Emma to bed as she was getting cranky! We will see if she stays asleep! :)

    ReplyDelete