Monday, March 15, 2010

Zoo Times

It is official. I am now a member of the Oregon Zoo. Glenn took half the day off today, and we took Emma to the zoo. While we were there, we purchased a single plus membership. This allows me to get into the zoo and bring a guest with me. Emma is free until she is three, so Glenn will be my guest sometimes, and when he is at work, I can take a friend with me. And if they have young kids under 3, even better.


So we started our adventure at the Zoo by heading down to the Predators of the Serengeti. This is the exhibit that opened up last September. We were there just a week before it opened, and have not been back since. It is good to have lions back in our zoo, and they are beautiful. Emma still doesn't get the zoo, but she does enjoy moving along in her stroller. In fact, whenever we stopped, she would complain. To her, the stroller is meant to be moving at all times!

When in the exhibit, we let her out to crawl for a few minutes. She found a little two year old girl to chase and play with, and scare by roaring at. Her parents laughed and said that she was the same way when Emma's age. Emma loves to have other children around. I really need to find a weekly play group for her this summer. I am going to have to ask around to see if anyone else is interested in getting together.




No comments:

Post a Comment